Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Palmetto Trail--Downtown Columbia, SC



We made our way west from the park up Laurel Street.  This neighborhood is called Arsenal Hill.  It has a mixture of old and new homes.
We passed Finlay Park.
We took a right on Main Street in downtown Columbia and saw a variety of stores—great and not-so-great.  I love the Mast General Store, as it reminds me of the many times Jim and I have vacationed at Christmas up in Hendersonville, North Carolina.









Main Street--Downtown Columbia
And the COWBOY Brazilian Steakhouse is where Ben wants to eat supper on his 14th birthday next week!
A couple of years or so ago, Ben was wanting some camouflage to wear while shooting his airsoft guns at friends.  I had the brilliant idea of going to the Army Navy Surplus store on Main St.   Boy was THAT a scary experience!! The walls were crumbling and something sinister was oozing out of the ceiling tiles.





And finally, I spotted some darling garden art on our way back to the park!  I love the fanciful birds houses and bottle tree!




No comments:

Post a Comment